Saturday 13 December 2008

Age, and how people feel about it

Two of my workmates have asked me to make special birthday cards this week. One is for a 90 year old Mum and one for an 80 year old Mum. Both of these ladies are quite happy for everyone to know exactly how old they are, so the ages on the cards I've made are anything but small!

Funnily enough, the daughter of the lady who is ninety refused to tell anyone how old she was when she turned sixty! My Dad is going to be 80 in February and is quite happy for people to assume he is in his late 60s! I have been trying to persuade him to have a party, but he isn't sure at the moment. I'll have to think of a subtle way of including his age on his card.

Well, I guess I should get back to the Christmas cards now. Someone has asked me to make a humorous one, so I need to look for ideas. Megan is quite a lot better, but still coughing at night. She was supposed to be going to a sleep over birthday party tonight, but I couldn't inflict her on anyone else! She has gone ice skating with them and is going back to her friend's house for a little while and then will ring me as they are going to bed. I think I'm blessed with a very sensible daughter, as she was quite happy with this compromise.

No comments: