Tuesday 19 May 2009

A warm feeling!

Last week and this week we have been completing key stage 1 SATs at school. As I'm the Year 2 teacher and key stage 1 coordinator, it is a rather busy time for me. Last week we ran a breakfast club for them from 8am each morning, and sneaked in the odd pack of biscuits and minstrels for the tests (Shhh! Don't tell anyone!) One little boy said 'This is the best day of my life!' I asked him why and he replied 'I come to school, you give me breakfast with toast and jam and fruit, then I do maths and get to eat chocolate and then you give me a biscuit! I don't think I have ever been so lucky!' To know that he was finding SATs week such a joy made my day! Some people say it is a stressful time for children, but I think it is what you make it. My class seem to think it is some sort of festival, where they try their best and then have a feast!!! They have really made me very proud of them and have worked exceptionally hard.
Because I have been doing alot for school my mid week crafting has had to take a bit of a back seat, and my mojo is very much here - so frustrating! Anyway, this card was started last Thursday, and I have finally finished it. I like to think of it as cute with a bit of class! The stamp is Willow with Flowers (Whiff of joy) and the papers I have no idea as they were scraps in my drawer. Prima flowers, green ribbon and gold tulip paint finished it off. I used watercolour paper to stamp on and coloured it with distress inks. The sentiment is from Crafty Individuals.

2 comments:

lisa said...

Glad your Sats weeks have gone OK, Sally. We had the joy of Key stage 1 Sats with Freya last year, although here the children sit them throughout the year when they are considered ready and they don't even realise they have done anything different. I think they would have enjoyed your treats though!!!!!
Love your card. Hope you get a bit more crafting time now.

Lisax

Lynne K said...

"Cute with class" - I like it! (And the card!).