Friday 5 June 2009

Butterflies

I've been playing with my butterfly collage stamps from Graphicus again, along with the mulberry paper I found. The top one was coloured with distress inks. For the second I coloured the background with distress inks and then used watercolour pencils on the butterfly. When I finished I gave the butterfly a layer of glossy accents. They really didn't turn out the way I wanted them to, but I'm not trying again yet. I think my lack of inspiration is because I know I should be getting on with writing reports... I'm a bit like those youngsters who watch Songs of Praise on a Sunday when they're not really interested, but they have homework to do!

5 comments:

Lynne K said...

They may not be how you wanted them, Sally, but they're lovely all the same!

lisa said...

These are lovely, Sally, don't be so hard on yourself. It will soon be the summer hols and then lots of crafting time!!!!

Lisax

June said...

Wow they are truly gorgeous. I also love colouring butterflies its just so lovely to do colour combinations on them
Brilliant work as always sally
Hugs June xxx

Sue said...

I think these are my favourites, it's a lovely stamp and you've really done it justice xx

Phree said...

Lovely cards - sometimes things don't always turn out how we imagined them in our heads, but I often find that I still end up happy with the finished result. Your comment about watching songs of praise did make me laugh - brought back my own memories of "homework avoidance tactics"