Friday 10 July 2009

Some 'Blokey' Cards



I was asked by a friend to make some cards for the men in her life. Her Dad, brother, husband and brother-in-law all have a birthday in the next two weeks! I didn't have anything stamp wise that was suitable for what she had asked for, so I checked out some digistamps and found these at DigiStamp Boutique. He is called Jim and amazingly likes all the pastimes of my friend's men! You can download three image files for £1.99, then resize to whatever you need. Okay, so I had to have both sets, but I will get my money back on these five cards, so any more will be a bonus!
I coloured them all with my promarkers and used papers from funky fairies and from my stash. Several people at work expressed an interest, so I'll be making a few more to help my spend /sell balance to look a bit healthier!
All of the sentments were from Craftwork Cards. I am hoping to get round to something a bit more 'arty' over the weekend, although most of Sunday is going to be spent at Karate Gradings. I need to do 2 birthday cards, a silver wedding, a wedding and a leaving card... guess I'd better get cracking!

3 comments:

Lynne K said...

They're great, Sally. I have trouble thinking of cards for men - must check out those digistamps. Good job the school hols are coming up, sounds like you're going to need lots of spare time!

brenda said...

Morning Sally, great job for the most difficult of cards.

Re the red wedding dress, I've seen quite a few of them so know it's very fashionable as part of the design - one of my sons is getting married in France next year - his partner is French and her Mums quite elderly and unable to go with her, so she asked me to shope with her which is lovely.

Have a good weekend.

B x

lisa said...

These are great men cards, Sally. I don't usually even attempt them so you've inspired me to have a go now.

Lisax