Wednesday 5 August 2009

Butterflies

I bought the Aspects of Design 'Daisy Flutters' sheet on the way back from holiday a couple of years ago. We popped in to The Stampman and I bought quite a lot of stash... Steve claims it was half the shop. Anyway, it has been well used. I thought I would show you a few of the cards I have made using the butterflies on it. The first has a vellum overlay stamped with daisies that were embossed with a moonglow embossing powder - not sure which one. I used my tombow pens to colour the butterfly and added a few flat backed pearls.
For the second I stamped the base card with versamark and applied chalk in diagonal sweeps across the card. The square behind the butterfly was done with H2Os, with antenna made out of wire.
This one had layers of stamped acetate, torn vellum and silver embossed butterflies coloured with Tombow pens.

I think the fourth one is pretty self explanatory, so I won't bore you with the details. Finally I used starburst stains (Victorian Bouquet) on some scrunched and some flat paper, layering with stamped acetate and pearlescent card.

4 comments:

craftimamma said...

These are gorgeous Sally. You've reminded me I have that stamp plate too and haven't used it in ages. Shame on me.

I love all these cards but I think the 3rd and 4th ones are my favourites.

Lesley Xx

lisa said...

These are all lovely Sally. You have been busy. I have the set with the dragonflies and you have inspired me to get them out again. The Stampman is very local to me and it is always so tempting to buy too much whenever you visit. They have some fantastic things don't they!

Lisax

Jules said...

Hi Sally

What a beautiful array of cards you have posted.

So many gorgeous butterflies and so much inspiration.

Have a great weekend.

Love Jules xx

Debbie Dolphin said...

Hi sally-When did you pop into the stampman,you should of made yourself known!lol
tho if it was a sat i wouldnt of been there.Its lovely to meet people who read our blogs.
I know i dont always have the time to reply but thankyou for all your lovely comments.Each and every one means alot to me.I do my best to catch up ,but every spare moment i get i sneak in my craftroom.I find blogging takes up more time!!!
thankyou again and your cards are really brilliant what you have done with these stamps.
hugs
Debbie xxx