Sunday 13 December 2009

Allsorts Challenge - Pearls and swirls





Hooray! I've finally made an easel card! I must be the last person in Blog Land to make one! My friend asked me to make a birthday card for her Mum who is 91 at the end of December. She had seen my nesties frames card and got hold of a picture of her Mum aged 18 to use in the centre. I was intending to use my Crafty Individuals flourish and some flat backed pearls, so it fitted perfectly with the Allsorts theme for this week. the two later pictures I managed to take in daylight, but wanted to add a sentiment and didn't manage it until much later, hence the varied colours! The script stamp is also Crafty individuals. The Sentiment and small damask block are from Graphicus. The lace stamp is Impression Obsession. Most stamping was done with antique linen and tea dye distress inks. The papers on the frames are K & Co and DCWV. I managed to include more roses a la Brenda and used my Martha Stewart punch again! I'm rather pleased with the result. Why is it I have most mojo when I have least time?!
Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning - what a perfect card for a perfect lady

Lynne K said...

And a very beautiful easel card it is too! Well worth the wait! Absolutely gorgeous.

craftimamma said...

My thoughts as I read your post were an echo of Lynne ..... definitely well worth the wait!

The card is so beautiful and who couldn't possible be over the moon to give or receive it.

Lesley Xx

brenda said...

Morning Sally

This is just beautiful. I love the layout, the soft muted colours which go so well with the image and era, all in all lovely.

Your friend and her Mum should be thrilled with your card.

Thank you for joining in my pearls and swirls theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

lisa said...

This is a gorgeous card, Sally. I haven't got round to making an easel card yet although I have received one for Christmas so you're not the last one.
I love the Nesties framing that beautiful photo, what a keepsake for your friend's Mum to have. Ilove the papers and the swirls, they all work perfectly together.
I know what you mean about inspiration when time is short, although you've just inspired me with this frame. I've been pondering about a topper for a pressie I'm making and a Nestie frame will be perfect. Hope you don't mind if I borrow!!
Hugs

Lisax

Debs said...

Simply stunning Sally!!! Love everything about it - especially the colour choices. What an excellent job you have done of the roses too!!! I have yet to have a go making some lol!!!
Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with us at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

Jules said...

Hi Sally

A gorgeous card.

A great vintage feel about it and I love how you have used your MS punch.

Scrummy papers too.

I bet your friend and her Mum will love it.

I think when we know we don't have time to mess about we get on much better and quicker.

Thank you for playing along with Allsorts again this week.

Love Jules xx

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful Sally, I keep looking and noticing more detail each time.
Just days to do hun, 'til you can put your feet up!

Debbie Dolphin said...

so stunning sally.the easel cards just have that special something dont they.it looks so elegant
debbie xxx