Saturday 14 August 2010

A couple of challenges

Hi There! I have been busy tidying my workspace and getting things sorted out, and I came across this tri -shutter card with the backing papers all matted and layered, but nothing on it. I made it some time ago and then went off it, because it was pink probably (I'm not a big fan of pink!) Anyway, I had the lovely penny black Hedgehog image that I coloured in with my promarkers whilst on holiday, and saw the colour of the flower matched perfectly! The large flower is a magnolia stamp, again coloured with promarkers and the sentiments are Elusive images. I finished it off with lots of punched flowers with a gem at the centre of each one, and stickles.
The Hedgehog fits perfectly with the 'By the cute and Girly' theme for this month which is Animal Antics. 
Now for a close up or two on the glitter and glitz, which is this months theme for Penny Black at Allsorts.
Hope it's glitzy enough! It would also fit perfectly into the Sir Stampalot Challenge this month where the theme is Bring on the Bling!
Edit: Instructions for making this tri-shutter are here.

16 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Very pretty and very pink, Sally, lol. But I like it a lot. I actually love pink (certain shades) though I don't use it a huge amount, other than for colouring and matting. Lots of bling!

Fleur said...

Sally, this is fantastic, love the colours & the images you've used
Thanks for joining Penny Black @ ALLSORTS this month, good luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Sally this is absolutely gorgeous I love this card fold I haven't tried it yet it looks so complicated. The papers, image and that flower look gorgeous

Hugs
Lorraine x

Lynne K said...

It's lovely, Sally, and that hedgehog is so cute! It was obviously a good idea to leave the background and come back to it later! xx

brenda said...

Hi Sally

Another of those clever fold cards and lots of stamps cleverly combined to make a stunning card.

Thank you for joining Penny Black at Allsorts this month.

Bx

chris said...

Hi Sally, this is so gorgeous, Love it, I too am not a pink girl very rare I use pink , having said that I am just using some pink paper with snowflakes on!
love this fold it looks great, hugs chris xx

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Love this style card, and love purple! the image is super sweet! Love your card :) Thank you for playing with us at BTC&G and good luck! X

Jules said...

Hi Sal

What a beautiful way to showcase those gorgeous stamps.

Such lovely colour choices and brilliant card shape.

Must try one of those sometime - thank you for the inspiration.

Enjoy what is left of Sunday.

Love Jules xx

craftimamma said...

Hi Sally, I'm having a blog visiting morning catching up after my VIP visitors (daughter and granddaughter) went home.

Love the tri-shutter card but can understand your difficulty finishing it. I'm not a pink fan either and always inwardly groan if someone asks for a pink card, Lol. You were so right about your image being the perfect one to complete it though. It's really lovely and I love the teensy flowers.

I'll email you one night this week about our get together. I'm so looking forward to it.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Lesley Edmonds said...

This is SUCH a pretty card Sally!

Kirsten...x said...

Fabulous fold card so clever...x

Thanks for joining us at Penny Black @ Allsorts challenge this month hugs Kirsten...x

Kay Carley said...

Just LOVE this Sally!! But then again it is in my favourite colour so how could I not?? LOL!! xx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Fab card love this type, the image looks great and love the added flower at the back!


Thanks for playing at PB@A this month

Emma xxx

scotspanda said...

wow what a lot of work has gone into this card. The papers look lovely against the black and the image fits it perfectly

thanks for glitzing it up for Penny Black @ Allsorts and the best of luck in the prize draw

Amanda xx

Mummylade said...

such a fantastic card! Thank you so much for entering the Penny Black at Allsorts August challenge.

Geraldine said...

Beautiful card. That little hedgehog stamp is so cute.
Thank you for entering the BTC&G Animal antics challenge this month.
Geraldine