Sunday 18 December 2011

Blue and Brown at Allsorts

I sat down yesterday morning to make my Dad's Christmas card as I had suddenly realised I won't see him again until boxing day! I saw some fabulous cards made from three tags on the inkylicious stand at Doncaster, so decided to make a tryptich snowy scene.
The hills are all done with ink dusters and broken china distress ink, and the trees (Inkylicious) are stamped in broken china and tumbled glass DI. The foreground stamp on the right is from Penny Black (Berry red, snow white) added to with promarkers and the tree stump, owl and fence are from a Lindsay Mason set called Build a snowy scene. 
The tree on the left is also from Inkylicious and the sentiment from Waltzing Mouse. I used promarkers for the fence, tree, tree stump and owl, before going over various bits with the quicky glue pen and glamour dust. The base card is A4, so it is a fair size. 
Only today have I realised that it fits this week's Allsorts challenge where the theme is blue and brown. Thanks for looking and I hope your preparations are going well. I still have a week of school left, although parties, a Christingle service, and an achievement assembly are all included in that, so not much to plan! Off to make a few more Christmas cards whilst tidying my desk!

20 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

WOWZER Sally - this is FAB-U-LUS!! Absolutely love the design, the wonderful scene, the ink duster technique, the stamping - lucky Dad to have such a talented daughter!!!
Love your new Profile pic too!

Wishing you and yours a happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year - love and hugs, Sylvia xxx

Anke said...

Absolutely stunning Sally, I love your card.

Hugs
Anke

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous wonderful scene get idea to use tags like this XOXO Zoe

Princess Hilda said...

Wow! This gorgeous!

Fleur said...

A real beautiful scene
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Cath Wilson said...

This is wonderful, Sally - love the tag triptych idea and the scene is brilliant. Great subject matter, too but of course I'd say that if it's nature, lol. Hope you get your extra week, but I'm not hopeful, he, he. Enjoy your mad week and I'm sure your Dad will love this x

Nikbee said...

A beautiful card. I love the hills.
Nikki x

Linby said...

wow Sally it's just beautiful, I love the scene you created so serene.
Lynn x

Lisa Jane said...

Oh wow Sally its just beautiful... a fabulous scene ... those snowy hills are wonderful
Lisa x

Carola Bartz said...

This is such a great card! I like the format of a tryptich and the tags. Very beautiful winer scene, and of course my favorite is the owl as you probably can easily imagine!

Helen in the UK said...

The subtle effect you achieve with the ink dusters is amazing! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL :)

Paula Whittaker said...

what a beautiful card for your Dad - one to treasure!
Sorry I havent been around much but just want to say thank you for your comment on my blog recently...much appreciated.
I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas xx

brenda said...

Morning Sally

For some reason Blogger is only showing me one picture here (the top one), had the same problem on several blogs this morning so not just you.

As you can guess I love your three way creation, lovely soft shading for the hills and I see that owl has made an appearance.

Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts Challenge, good lack and wishing you a very Happy Christmas.

Jules said...

Hi Sal

A fabulous Christmas card for your Dad.

I still have one to do for my Mum.

Love the fantastic shape of this one and the super scene that carries across the whole set. It looks extra special standing up in the window!! Love it!!

Hope this week isn't too manic for you at school.

Love Jules xx

Papoosue said...

What a gorgeous card! I just love the colours you've used :)

Lynne K said...

LOVE this! Love the background hills, and the combination of stamps. Perfect winter scene. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So so pretty

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally, this is FABULOUS, as are all the cards on your previous post!! So much gorgeousness!!

Hope you have a lovely Christmas.
xxx

Debbie said...

Oh Sally, this is absolutely stunning. Such fantastic stamping and gorgeous colours. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
Debbie x

Milena said...

Sally, this owl scene is so very beautiful, truly magical xxx Just catching up with my reader, apologies for the delayed comments xxx