Wednesday 7 March 2012

Neutrals at Less is more

Hi There
I've managed to snatch half an hour to make a card for this week's Less is More where the theme is Neutral colours.
I used a couple of nesties, a couple of Waltzing Mouse stamps  and the cuttlebug Swiss dots embossing folder. The sentiment is computer generated. I really didn't manage to capture the true colour of the prima flowers, as the yellow one is much less bright in real life - honest!
This is a birthday card for one of our staff at work. I am struggling a bit to find much time to craft at the moment, as work and life are encroaching. All in all I'm feeling constantly tired and my get up and go has gone on holiday I think! It doesn't help when someone dials a wrong number at quarter to one in the morning either, mind you, it must have looked quite comical, me trying to operate the phone with no glasses on when half mostly asleep, lol! You will have to forgive me if I don't get round to everyone leaving comments this week, but serious sleeping  needs to come first!
Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Victoria said...

I absolutely love this card! I'm a bit of a sucker for embossed dots, and the contrast of this with the neutral nestie piece is fab! Hope you get some quality shut-eye tonight!

Lisa Jane said...

ooh i love this .. and it looks so elegant !!
You make sure you get your rest!
Lisa x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Sally.xxx

Canonbury creations said...

Love the design of your card Sally and the flowers complement it perfectly. I must invest in some WM stamps they are gorgeous:)
Hope you catch up on your sleep, teachers have very little time for themselves!
Val x

Chrissie said...

I can empathise with that unwanted phone call Sally, I had one at 3.15am yesterday morning!
This is a lovely card, although I must say that the yellow caught my eye immediately...tut, tut!
It's a lovely design and the layout is fab!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Fliss said...

Really lovely card Sally and love those soft colours.
Hope you're feeling a bit more rested this morning.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Cath Wilson said...

It's lovely, Sally and I'm pleased you found a little time to craft. Not long till end of term... hope you get a good rest over the weekend x

Paula Whittaker said...

beautifully subtle look...fab card!

Ruth said...

Beautiful card, Sally. Your CAS style is classy looking, Ruth x

Lynne K said...

Stunning card! Love it! Hope you sleep well tonight. Don't let me see you on skype at midnight! x

brenda said...

A real touch of elegance Sally and as I just said to another lady, Swiss Dots is a great folder for this style of card.

B x

lisa said...

Such an elegant card, Sally. I love your colour scheme.
Hope you manage to catch up on your sleep, I would not be a happy bunny being disturbed like that. I hate being woken, even in the morning, lol.
Hugs Lisax

Anonymous said...

This is so elegant Sally and very beautiful.

I do hope you're feeling more yourself soon - it's horrible when you feel so tired. Hang on in there, it'll soon be time for our Easter break! xxxx

Mandi said...

Oh gosh, so scarey when the phone rings at that unearthly hour, all sorts goes through your mind huh!
FAB card, albeit has yellow lol
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Sally. I love the colours.
Debbie x

Brittany said...

Awwww, stunning, thankyou for uyour comment on my blog!! Hugs, Brittany, xoxo
http://www.mymagnoliacardsbybrittany.blogspot.com/