Monday 2 April 2012

Christening card

Last week I had a request for a Christening card, so yesterday I got busy and had a go at putting one together. I have only ever made 5 Christening cards, and two of those were for members of this same family, so I had to come up with something different! I had a little visit to Once Upon a Stamp last weekend and bought a Marianne Designables cut and embossing folder, and wanted to try it out, so that was my starting point.
After running the folder and linen look card through the cuttlebug I used Spun sugar distress ink to go around the edge. I then stamped some plain white card with one of the Waltzing Mouse gingham stamps and Memento angel pink. I added some flat backed pearls,some faux stitching and an organza bow...
and then thought about the image!
I went to my usual place for lovely baby and children images - Mo Manning and found this beauty.
I coloured her with promarkers using fine tips (What a wonderful invention those are!) because this circle is less than 2 inches across. The sentiment and name (Irish apparently and pronounced ee-ma) were computer generated and coloured with more spun sugar DI. The tags are spellbinders dies - fancy tags 1 and Grommet tags. It is rather pink for me, but I think it works.
Well, I'm going to take a break for a few days. Meg and I are off to visit a lovely friend, and hopefully get some fresh air and see some Scottish wildlife. Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

brenda said...

It's that chair again Sally.

This one is very delicate and sweet, the little pearls finish it perfectly.

Have fun and hope the weather is kind.

B x

Cath Wilson said...

Beautiful, Sally - so clean and so apt. Enjoy your break and I hope the weather is kind to you. We have snow forecast tonight and tomorrow - eeek!

Fliss said...

This is absolutely lovely Sally. Love all the pretty details and the image is just adorable.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Sally this is just so gorgeous - a perfect Christening card! I love all the understated detail and the delicate colouring. Enjoy your break in the fresh (possibly very fresh!) air. Vicky x

Victoria said...

Beautiful colouring and lovely combination of dies. Enjoy your break!

Lynne K said...

Wow, you've certainly made good use of that embossing folder! Beginning to wish I'd got one now! Beautiful card. x

Lisa Jane said...

oh that embossing folder looks fabulous .. and your card is so pretty.
Have a wonderful time in Scotland
Lisa x

downrightcrafty said...

what a lovely creation
Happy Easter
Hugs Kate xx