Tuesday 18 September 2012

Flowers

I have had another play with Ruth's lovely Chrysanthemum stamps by Tonic Studios.
  I seem to be having having bit of a yellow phase at the moment. Not sure why as it isn't a colour that I would normally go for. I coloured this one with my Lakeland pencils and used a versamarker to blend the colours. I picked up this tip from Debbie and I have to say it works a treat! No more paper stubs and blending alcohol for me! I also used Distress ink in Wild Honey and some American seam binding.
 My second card uses Chocolate Baroque stamps. The smaller daisy was one from the butterflies and daisies themeplate, but then I saw and stamped Lynne's sunny sunflowers when I was visiting her in Scotland and had to have them. The flower and leaves on the left came from that set. I used resist stamping to make the background and added some dried marigold, wild honey, squeezed lemonade and scattered straw distress inks. The ribbon threaded border die is from Marianne Designs and the flowers in the small arch were coloured with distress inks. The sunflowers were coloured with pencils again.
Well, only a few days to go now. I think I have everything I need. The next few days will be full of lists I think!
Thanks for looking, and welcome (big wave) to my latest followers! I may have to have some candy if I get to 200.

9 comments:

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards Sally,lovely images and colours.xxx

Canonbury creations said...

Beautiful cards Sally, love the arched window, it has a Mediterranean feel to it:)
Val x

craftimamma said...

I have to say I'm loving your 'yellow phase' Sally! It's not a colour I use often either but I should because I love it. I love both your cards but the second one pips it as my favourite. I love that pretty ribbon border die and the sunflower and leaves are lovely. I got those stamps too but ashamed to say I've not inked them up yet.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Paula (PEP) said...

I particularly like your background in the second card & that arched window for the flowers is a super idea.
All the best with getting it all sorted for the last couple of days & have a very safe journey.
Paula (PEP)

pinky said...

Yellow is a great colour to get you from summer to autumn Sally. I do love these gorgeous cards!!

Di said...

Two lovely cards Sally - love the die you used in the first one (is it a Nestie?).

Have a great time, stay safe and hope we see you in the playground again soon.

Hugs, Di xx

lisa said...

Yellow is such a sunny colour isn't it, Sally. I don't use it nearly enough either. Love that Chrysanthemum stamp.
Good luck with your packing.
Hugs Liasx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful beautiful cards Denise.
I'm sure by the time you come back you will have more then 200 followers, allways so much to see here.

Jules said...

Hi Sal

Funny how our colour choices go in phases.

Your cards are so lovely and the colours gorgeous.

Love the Marianne Design Die and ribbon .. great look.

I wish you well on your travels and don't misplace any of those lists!!!

Love Jules xx