Friday 5 October 2012

Another tree

This year at work it is a year for big birthdays - there are 5 40ths and a 50th during 2012! This was the 40th birthday card I did for my boss, just before I went to Rwanda. To be honest I wasn't particularly happy with it, but it has grown on me.
The leaf is a chocolate baroque stamp, the papers are a double sided piece of 12 x 12 from magenta and the tree is from The Artful Stamper. I used my ink dusters to make the background and added two tone fine glitter to the falling leaves. I am hoping to find time and energy to make some cards this weekend. I have been feeling so tired all week, and not been able to get my head around anything requiring thinking!
I'd better go. Pop back and see me on Sunday for the launch of Stampalot's October challenge. Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

brenda said...

Morning Sal, I think the tree in the aperture works very nicely along with the subtle shading.

Hope your feeling more into the swing of things, always takes me forever to get over jetlag.

B x

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous creation,love the image and fab colours.xxx

Paula (PEP) said...

I'm not surprised you're tired - that was quite an upheaval with the travelling & the very different culture.
Take care of yourself.
As for the card - that litte CB stamp is one of my favourite leaf stamps & your background demonstrates its versatility beautifully. I do like those colours together & the way you framed the tree & almost reverse echoed the aperture shape with your sentiment mat.
Paula (PEP)

Manderly said...

Beautiful work, Sally! Such talent you have. I too have so many birthdays coming! And once started in making cards for them, of course you must do it every year! Love it. Your cards are very lovely and I am proud to be a new team mate with you at Craft A Scene.
Manderly
xxxooo

Linby said...

It's lovely. Reminds me of art deco a little bit.will have to come back for today's post as the pic won,t display on my iPad.
Lynnx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Sally thanks so VERY much for popping over and most of all for joining my blog not many folk reciprocate like that!
I always do and you have made my day - ah trees I love this card and am sure the recipient did also well done! great stamp a lot card above too thanks again, Shaz in oz.x

MaryH said...

I think your tree card is perfectly wonderful. The cutout window showcasing the tree makes it a standout, and I'm always likin' it, when a cardmaker creates a background. I liked this one at first sight!! TFS

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

A lovely card, Sally, and beautiful soft colouring. Thank you for your comments on my Majestic Mountain offering. I am looking forward to seeing yours next week on your blog. xx Maggie