Sunday 20 January 2013

Another Snowy Cottage for Craft a Scene

 Here is my second offering for Craft a Scene this month where the theme is snowy cottages. For this one I used a snowy cottage stamp from Sheena Douglass, and added an extra tree and a few bits of foliage from Inkylicious. I stamped it in Memento London Fog and coloured with promarkers, but the sheep were blending into the background. I wasn't sure what to do about it, but eventually got my fine liner and went over them in black. I think it turned out okay. I added a couple of die cut flourishes at the corners (a Christmas present) and some turquoise flat backed pearls. Thanks for looking and I hope you will have a go at our Craft a Scene challenge this month.

17 comments:

Craftnut said...

Mine didn't look like this when I Coloured it in. Love what you have done with it Tracy x

Lynne K said...

Absolutely gorgeous scene, Sally! Love those corners, and the sheep. I think your outlining them worked perfectly. x

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is perfect for the weather this weekend .. reminds me of the Yorkshire dales
Lisa x

MagsB said...

This is such a pretty scene - the sheep look great! Hooray for the fineliner pen lol!

love Mags B x

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

A really lovely scene, Sally. Such soft wintry colours, and inking in those sheep was an inspiration. xx Maggie

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Gorjuss!! thoughtful soft snowy scene love it!

Debbie said...

What a gorgeous scene Sally. Just perfect.
Hugs Debbie x

Di said...

Gorgeous Sally! Hugs, Di xx

Paula Whittaker said...

wonderful work...loving those flourishes

Paula (PEP) said...

It's definitely more than OK - perfect solution with those sheep for they look as if they're going to walk right off the card.
Paula (PEP)

lisa said...

You really are a master at creating these beautiful scenes, Sally. I think you caught the sheep perfectly and those corners are yummy!
We have had a good fall of snow here today and it's still coming down so F has got her wish at last and a day off school!!!
Hope you are coping with it too.
hugs Lisax

Unknown said...

Such a pretty scene, it looks much the same round here today! I love the way you have coloured the stonework on the buildings, and the colours in the sky are just perfect. Maddy x

Canonbury creations said...

Stand up Sally, Master Colourist! This is the most beautiful scene and I love the framing with those die cuts.
Val x

brenda said...

Hi Sally, I was convinced I'd been to visit this post but one we spoke last night I had doubts, apologies to be so late getting here say with a great job you've done.

B x

Mrs A. said...

This is a lovely scene Sally. The sheep look perfect done over in the black. I can see that they would have blended into the wall if left brown. Hugs Mrs A.

Anke said...

Wonderful card Sally, lovely scene.

Hugs
Anke

Cath Wilson said...

This is so pretty, Sally x