Sunday 3 February 2013

Feathers and Lighthouses DT projects

It is the first Sunday of the month and I am here to share my DT projects with you for February! First of all here is my Card for Stamping Sensations where the theme is Fur and Feathers. I opted for 'feathers' and came up with this:
I used a mixture of Adirondack inks and distress markers to colour the stamp from Indigo Blu. The sentiment is from the same set. The background was created with my Celtic rollagraph wheel.
Here is the prize from our generous sponsors for this month - Stixz 2.
Enough sticky stuff to keep you going for ages! My super talented teamies have made some gorgeous creations too, so do pop over to the challenge blog when you have finished here... oi! not yet though!
On to my second card...
Next up is my card for Craft a Scene this month where the theme is 'Let your Light shine' and needs to feature a lighthouse, of which I have several! This one is an Inkylicious stamp, positioned on a rocky ledge made with a Stampscapes stamp. The grasses are all from Inkylicious and the  sea is from Stampscapes. The quotation is from a lovely set by Hobby Art. I coloured the rocks with distress markers in pumice stone, weathered wood and frayed burlap, and I was rather pleased by the way they turned out. Again my teamies have done us proud with their gorgeous lighthouse creations on the challenge blog, so do pop over and take a look there too.
Thanks for popping by and thanks too for leaving your lovely comments. I hope you will be able to join in this month. 

20 comments:

Lynne K said...

Two fabulous cards, Sally! They're both gorgeous, but the owl is definitely my favourite! Great background too. Must skype soon! x

brenda said...

First of all Sal, sorry to have missed your scenic photos lower down and the wonderful fusion of colours in the post below.

On this post I adore the bold owl with and the Celtic background stamping makes me think even if it's not, it could be Edinburgh castle.

And the sentiment on the lighthouse card is one I 'need'.

B x

Craftnut said...

Both are fab and I shall be having a go at both challenges! Take care Tracy x

Fliss said...

Stunning cards Sally and that owl stamp is a fave of mine. Love what you did with it and your coastal scenic card is so gorgeous.
Also love the card on your last post (missed it before - oops!) and glad someone else is using up bits.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Those rocks & grasses for the lighthouse are superb & I love the owl with your inventive background. Very striking creations both but the owl just wins it for me.
Paula (PEP)

Canonbury creations said...

Gorgeous cards Sally, love the fairytale background on the owl stamp and the colour blending on the scene is wonderful:)
Val x

Dora said...

beautiful cards!! the owl looks great on this card scene. the colour of the sky looks also.
greetings

pinky said...

Wow that's a real Harry Potter card Sally, I just love it. But crikey the one below is amazing too. What a gorgeous scene and beautiful sentiment.

♥Gemma♥ said...

2 absolutely stunning cards hunni...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Tracy said...

Hi Sally
Fabulous creations, gorgeous Owl image and a wonderful lighthouse design.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

susiestacey said...

Beautiful cards Sally, love the owl stamp it is very striking x susan x

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Love your moody lighthouse scene, Sally. Thank you for your visit today. I just hope we get some days like that for 2013.The poor farmers certainly need it and so do we. xx Maggie

Ruth said...

Another two beautiful cards to leave me in awe of your inking skills! I'm just so impressed every time I see this effect ...Ruth x

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely love that owl, such delicate colouring on the stamped image - just beautiful, and great inspiration for the challenge, thank you! The pastels in your seascape are so pretty too...
Alison x

Deanna said...

Both cards are stunning! Love the colors in your scenic card.

lisa said...

Your Owl looks very knowing and wise, Sally and I love the lighthouse card too. That quotation is just beautiful.
hugs Lisax

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Fantastic cards Sally. I love the scenes you make.
xx

craftimamma said...

Wonderful cards again this month Sally. The owl image is quite something with that stunning castle as a backdrop. Love your unusual background too.

The second one, well your scenic cards are always awesome and this is no exception. I'm not surprised with how pleased you were with your colouring of the rocks. The sky and sea are quite breathtaking and so realistic.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

♥ Mys ♥ said...

Two fabulous cards:)
I love the owl card the most:)
*Hugs, Inger*

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, love both of these but especially your lighthouse scene - gorgeous and lovely quote x