Saturday 30 March 2013

What day is it?!

 I've been a bit quiet for a few days. I took Dad to the hospital for his Hip replacement on Thursday. I was up at 4.30 and on the road by 5.30 to get him there for 7am. I saw a barn owl and a pair of roosting buzzards right next to the road, so there was an up side to being on the go at that time! Dad's operation has been successful and he is on the mend, although a little dizzy and nauseous still. If he is okay tomorrow then he will be coming home with his zimmer!  Ever since Thursday I have struggled with knowing what day it is. Yesterday felt like Saturday, and it has thrown me completely!

Anyway, thought I would share a picture of another card made with gelli plate papers. It is the same techniques and same stamp set as the last one I made - Inkylicious Hydrangea stamps, distress inks, distress markers etc. Scroll down to the last post if you want more details.
Before I go the last lot of snow brought  a few more visitors to our garden bird feeders. First was a black cap,

who was in perfect focus until he turned round, lol!
After that we had more Siskins on the feeder at the bottom of the garden, hence the blurriness on this one!
Such pretty birds! As I drove home from the hospital this afternoon the light was so beautiful. A real peach bellini glow and some eggplant clouds. I feel a scene coming on!
Happy  Easter for tomorrow and don't forget to put the clocks forwards tonight!
Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Fliss said...

A really lovely card Sally. Such a great background and a beautiful hydrangea.
Gorgeous bird pics too.
Really glad to hear your Dad came through the op well and hope he recovers quickly.
Happy Easter.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Sal ah yes so with you on being mixed up with what day it was - even thought went to church on Friday in am still was thinking it was Saturday towards the end of the day and had to keep reminding myself it was yet to come always nice to know you have an extra day up your sleeve :D

so glad dad is on the mend and pray that it continues, always a concern...

....love the gelli [plate cards and the one down below.
I dont like all of them but yours are superb work.

I dont have many paints like that so IF bought mat would need to spend heaps more in paints plus mat.

..as they are not easy to get in Oz giving them a miss for ages yet if ever, thanks for popping ver too, love Shaz in Oz.x

Craftnut said...

Hi Sally, glad to hear your dads on the mend! Good you've got the Easter school break. Lovely card. I've seen quite a few buzzards this week. Tracy x

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Glad to hear your Dad is now in the recovery stage. The sooner he is out of hospital and away from all the bugs in there the better. I know it does mean he will need a great deal of support from you, so take care of yourself too. Lovely photos. We have not managed to catch our blackcap yet, he moves too fast for us. Hope you have a good week and don't forget the clocks tonight. xx Maggie

Debbie said...

Hi Sally...
Happy Easter...I so pleased to hear that your dad is doing well...
I love your backgrounds...they are just beautiful and the photos are lovely. Have a great day.
Hugs Debbie x

Paula (PEP) said...

Take care of yourself midst all you're doing - glad the operation went well for your Dad. We had (probably) a Buzzard hunting in our woodland - magnificent & very very large but he didn't stay long enough for identification. We've been hearing the owl & the crows are still conferring & chattering away despite all the nesting malarkey we can see - still, they're performing a service demossing our lawn (or what passes for it).
I like the way your gelli plate background echoes the image panel so well & the colours are just pulling one's thoughts to spring.
With Easter Greetings
Paula (PEP)

Lisa Jane said...

Mum was the same Sally with the nausea and she was pleasantly confised- but it passed after a few days
He will also improve more when he gets home in his own environment
Happy Easter to you all
Lisa x

lisa said...

Happy Easter, Sally. I hope the Easter Bunny left you some choccy!!
I'm so glad your Dad's op went well and he is on the mend. I have the same early start approaching with my Mum when she goes in for her knee replacement on 22nd so I hope I see the same delights on the journey.
Your card is beautiful and it's lovely to see the birds isn't it.
Hugs Lisax

craftimamma said...

I hope your Dad was recovered enough to come home today Sally. As for knowing what day it is, I was the same as you thinking Friday was Saturday and then, blow me, I've been thinking the same thing all day today too so now I'm going backwards.

Your card is beautiful. I love the colours and the hydrangea image. You really have made some super backgrounds with your gelli plate. Thanks for sharing the photos of the pretty birds too.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Linby said...

Beautiful card . I've been the same with the days. All best wishes to your Dad for a speedy recovery.
Lynn x

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally, so glad your Dad's operation went well! Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Love you card - the soft shades are so pretty. I would buy the papers you're making!

Great photos too. We had a bird that looks very like a Siskin visiting our garden recently - I wonder if it was! As you can tell, I know nothing about birds!
xx