Sunday 7 April 2013

Stamping Sensations April Challenge

It is the first Sunday of the month and time for a new challenge at Stamping Sensations. We are sponsored this month by the wonderful PDA Cards and Crafts. I am lucky to live only a 20 minute drive away from their warehouse, and the vast majority of my card stock comes from them.They also sell a vast range of craft supplies, like Promarkers, Aquamarkers, stamps, punches and adhesives. The theme this month is 'Special occasions other than Birthdays'. As I had a couple of Wedding Anniversary cards to make I thought they would fit the theme perfectly.
 My first card uses card stock from PDA, stamps from Little Claire, and papers that were a freebie on the front of a magazine last summer. I coloured it with promarkers and added a ribbon from my stash.

My second card again uses card stock from PDA. The flourish stamp is from Inkylicious and the sentiment was from Waltzing Mouse. I ink dusted the background with squeezed lemonade, wild honey, tea dye and vintage photo distress inks, before stamping in citrus, Lettuce and Cranberry Adirondack Inks. I added dots of glitter glue to finish it off.

The Prize this month is a whopping £40 of goodies from PDA! I so wish I could enter myself!
Anyway, why don't you pop over to the challenge blog to take a look at some of the gorgeous creations from the DT, and them you can go and get making! Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

Both wonderful cards (wouldn't expect anything less from you Sally!) but that 2nd card is truly stunning, love it!

Lynne K said...

More gorgeousness, Sally! Love the bright and cheerful colours on the first one, and that tree, but as Paula says, the second one is just stunning. Beautifully simple and effective. x

Francesca said...

Both cards are absolutely wonderful hun , i love the colours on the 2nd one

Francesca x

Craftnut said...

Both lovely cards Sally. Tracy x

Canonbury creations said...

Two gorgeous cards Sally but I absolutely love the flourishes:) Wow £40 of goodies to win must put my thinking hat on!
Val x

Linby said...

Two lovely cards, great detailing on the first one.
I would love to win the prize, not far to go to spend it either!
Lynn x

Anonymous said...

Two gorgeous cards Sally! Love the colours you've used and your fab stamping on the second one.
xx

pinky said...

They really are beautiful Sally and how lucky are you to live so near to the shop!!

Paula (PEP) said...

Amazing colour schemes in both but it is that second one that is my favourite. The way you have ink dusted the background so as to give some softness to the swirls & blend them is so effective & the font of the sentiment is rather special too.
Paula (PEP)

Lisa Jane said...

2 fab cards .. bt i have to admit i just love that bottom card .. the colours are gorgeous
Lisa x

Sue said...

What beautiful cards Sally, I love the little lovebirds on the first one, and the second is just elegantly gorgeous. (I'd never be away from PDA if I lived so close - I went once and stroked every sheet of Stardream card lol) xx

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely cards... the bright, fresh contrasting colours make them so zingy, and I love that heart tree! It's great to play along with you guys - thanks for having me!
Alison x

lisa said...

Morning Sally
I love your cards, that heart tree is so cute, what a lovely stamp and the swirl card is gorgeous. Inkylicious do it every time for beautiful stamps don't they and i love the colours you've used.
Have a good week.
Hugs Lisax

Michelle said...

Such lovely bright sunshiny colours Sally, not been over for a while, been blown away with your creativity. Beautiful!
X Michelle

brenda said...

Hi Sally,

Bit late arriving, seems to be taking me forever to getting sorted after being away.

I really like both of your cards but it has to be the second one steals it from me, it's the colours and the clever stamping.

B x

Ruth said...

Two beautiful cards, Sally. Just the thing to cheer us up on a cold day :)

Tracy said...

Hi Sally
Fabulous creations, love the tree image and all the stamping on the second. Both designs are great.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

craftimamma said...

These are both lovely and some lucky people are going to be very pleased to receive them. I particularly like the colours you chose for the second card and must try to remember them.

Hugs
Lesley Xx