Thursday 24 October 2013

Dragonflies, Birds and Sunshine!

As it was a better day weather-wise today and Steve had a day off too, we decided to go to Old Moor RSPB reserve for the day. The sun shone for most of the day, and the autumn colours are really beginning to show. I couldn't resist taking a photo of these rosehips by the side of the path. There were loads of berries of all sorts in the hedgerows.

There were lots of common Darters around, and this one was particularly obliging in posing for us to take photos!

It was from the hide at Wath Ings that we saw the most bird-wise, with lapwings and golden plovers by the thousand, dunlins, ruff, common sandpiper and several grey heron too.
 When they all took off it was quite spectacular! We also saw quite a few ducks - teal, shovelers, gadwalls and this one, which is a wigeon.
Finally, I am going to leave you with a photo of the card I made for Lynne's Birthday. I couldn't leave that autumn scene I made on a small card, so I took it off and used an 8"x8", stamping it with the Inkylicious skeleton leaves.
The leaf embellishment is the same stamp, used with versamark and mica powders, then sprayed with water.
I really enjoyed the fresh air on our stroll today, and the sunshine added to the fabulous colours. A real feast for the eyes. Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Lynne K said...

It's been a beautiful day here too, though sadly the only place I managed to get out to was Tescos! Busy catching up with washing, etc. after my Notts break.

Your photos are lovely, and I can confirm that the card is even more stunning in real life. xx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Great nature foto's and what an amazing card came out of it!!!Great automn image, I really, really love it with his great colours and image!!!

Greetings
Maria

Our photos said...

Beautiful photos and a lovely card!
Greetings, RW & SK

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What super photos showing what a gorgeous day it was. I love the card and the new background you've put it on, the leaves set the image off beautifully.

Sue x

Paula (PEP) said...

Siuper use of leaves on the card & I love the different looks you obtained using that one stamp. Your dragonfly looks like he is bowing. I love seeing your nature photos - thank you. Birds still fascinate me & I've never seen a Golden Plover.
Paula (PEP)

Doreen said...

Beautiful card,love how you have used the stamps and fab colours.xxx

Dora said...

beautiful pictures, and so cleary.
also a beautiful card. fits really good with the pictures, all nature!
greetings

Unknown said...

Love the nature walk - thank you so much! I really enjoyed following you on your travels with all the wildlife. we have plenty of rosehips and rowan berries, but the blackberries and elderberries are all finished with a couple of cold nights. It's amazing how many of the trees still have their leaves here. I do hope there isn't too much damage with the winds on Monday. Oh, and I don't believe you are ever grumpy :-)) Thanks for the lovely comments you leave on my blog. You are much appreciated. Maddy x

Unknown said...

Oops, forgot to say how much I love your autumn card. The leaf stamping on the bottom layer finishes your beautiful scene off perfectly. Maddy x