Saturday 28 June 2014

Playing with Goodies from Doncaster

Three weeks ago, Lynne and I went to Doncaster Dome for the stamp Magic show. As usual we had a wonderful time and really enjoyed looking round all the exhibitors. I bought a fair bit of stash, but due to work commitments I am only just getting around to playing with it now!
The stamps on this card are all from Inkylicious. The woodgrain stamp is new, as is the blooming marvellous set of flower stamps which are great for layering up. I added a blob of crystal glaze in the middle of each flower. This was just a bit of a play really. I am looking forward to trying some different ideas with these stamps.
My next card, a very simple one layer card with added butterfly, also uses Inkylicious stamps.
I used memento inks in grape Jelly, Teal Zeal and Bahama Blue. The butterfly is a twinchie stamp and the sentiment is from this new set.
Thanks for looking. I am off to get my planning done so I can have some time to make my cards for Rudolf day tomorrow! Please pop over to Lynne's blog and take a look at her amazing recycled ink duster holder too!

8 comments:

Helen J said...

Lovely cards, I love the colour scheme on the second card in particular.

Di said...

Fabulous cards Sally! You mean the first one was just a PLAY?! It's brilliant and I do love the butterflies one too!

Hugs, Di xx

brenda said...

Lovely new stash Sal and great examples from your playtime.

Happy Sunday.

B x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Gorgeous cards Sally. I love the new flowers and the woodgrain is going straight to the top of my wishlist.

Sue xx

Sarn said...

Isn't it fun playing with new stash? Looks like you had lots of fun with your new goodies Sally.

I did pop over to Lynne's blog and her ink duster holder is AMAZING (I'm only jealous!).

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Sally your playing certainly brings up such fabulous work.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a pretty ornate butterfly that is. I love the woodgrain with the flowers on the top card. That's neat how the flower stamps layer up so nicely. Great job playing with your new stash!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Two lovely cards Sal... think it so important that we play with new stash cos then we remember that we have them. Which we dont always! ! Thanks for popping over. .
Are you near le tour at all????
.. going to be watching it on tv tonight as long as I can.. it is very late then tape the rest. Shaz in Oz x