Sunday 13 September 2015

Male Birthdays

 Lots of people struggle when it comes to ideas for male birthdays, especially teenagers. In times of need I will often opt for digi images, and Mo Manning has quite a few, especially if you are looking for a computer or gaming theme. With this one I began by stamping a panel of white stamping card with a twinchie stamp from Inkylicious in Kaleidacolor Creole Spice. I dusted over using the same ink pad and my ink dusters. I trimmed this and attached it to the base card, popping a turquoise stick on nail head at each corner.
I sprayed a snippet of card using blue and purple dylusions. When it was dry, I ran it through the cuttlebug inside a birthday themed embossing folder, before rubbing over some treasure brass to highlight the embossing. The sentiment is from Little Claire and was also stamped on a snippet. I made both of these cards a while ago. This first one was made for Meg's godmother's godson (Meg's godbrother?), who is also off to University in Sheffield.
 Here is another male card for you.This time I found some snippets of black card, and paper pieced the Woodware clear singles Sneakers stamp, using a white gelly roll pen on the laces and eyelets. I used ice grey 1 and pastel blue promarkers to shade around the stamp and a little ivory to add some shape to the sneakers. This stamp is great for paper piecing and for girls or boys from about 12 upwards - So versatile!
As I used snippets on both, I am off to Miss Di's snippet playground with them. I will be behind the bike sheds where the chocklit is, hoping the tag game is finished and no one else gets a tail pinned on them. Poor Mrs A! Hope Miss Di is feeling a bit better and her back is behaving itself.  Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Jean said...

These are both great cards for teenage boys Sally. The first one is my favourite, it's a great image and I love your background layers. The seekers look great in the black and white colourway as well.
Jean x

brenda said...

Both great images for the lads Sally, you are right we all struggle with them

B x

Jackie said...

Fabulous pair of cards for the boys :o)
Jackie xx

Sarn said...

Two FAB masculine cards Sally. They're both wonderful but I think the sneaker one is my fave.

See you round the back of the bike sheds later!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Two great cards Sally! I think the sneaker one is my fave - and speaking of sneaking, I read Sarn's comment about the back of the bike sheds. No doubt she has choklit or summick to share - back to her old ways I see :)

Hugs

Di xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

You are so right about the struggle to make male cards!! Love both your cards
Your creations are gorgeous .So glad I found you while blog hopping
Would love to have you drop in for a visit
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both brilliant male cards, love what you have done in the first one, great colours. The second is a wonderful CAS card.

Viv said...

Have finally landed back in my own bed for a week or so Sally so am catching up with everyone!
Two great male cards here.... thanks for bearing with me whilst I have been AWOL. x

Jenny L said...

Hi Sally,
oh my word these cards are so wonderful for the younger males.
Your designing and colouring of both is excellent.
I think my fave is the sneakers one though.
A very handy stamp to own, and could be used a great deal.
Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jackie said...

Hi Sally, me again. 30 )ct. is fine with me, I have put it on my calendar. We can make arrangements later :o)
Jackie xx

Linby said...

Great cards. I bought that embossing folder to use for a boy card but then saw it had flowers on it and backed out of using it - maybe I need to rethink.
I took a picture of some silver birches whilst in Canada and thought of you - it's on my blog.
Lynn x