Sunday 9 July 2017

Fennel and Pixie Powder

I love using my Small Fennel Woodware stamps for CAS cards, and I thought they would go well with the Cosmic Shimmer pixie powders I bought recently. I am quite pleased with the results. 😃 The pixie powders are like brushos in that they are in powder form, but they are mostly just single colours and pearlised so they have an amazing sheen
I bought 5 colours originally, but went back and bought 5 more a couple of weeks later. You just scatter them onto the card and spray with water.
Here are some close up shots so you can see the shimmer. I stamped over the backgrounds in versafine black and clear heat embossed.

Thanks for looking and for all your lovely comments. 2 and a half weeks to go till I break up. This is the longest term!

11 comments:

Helen said...

loving the vibrant backgrounds (and the stamps) - gorgeous!

Di said...

Fabulous card Sally and the background is brilliant, so pretty! I find (heavy handed that I am!) Brushos often go a bit 'muddy' - loving the look of Pixie Powders. They look much crisper and cleaner somehow.

Keep going kiddo, soo ne the long Summer break - which I bet you need!

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

Finger trouble in this heat - meant to say 'soon be' of course! :) x

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful creation Sally, lovely CAS design and the pixi powders are lovely colours, I've a few and love them. It's a lovely stamp too, have a super day, Kate x

Jean said...

These cards are beautiful Sally. I love the stamps and the pixie powders look gorgeous, I think I might need some!!
Jean x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Beautiful Sally. I have the Brushos and just one yellow Pixie Power but it really is quite dramatic in it's colour. I really like how you've kept your images quite simple as the background gives a real explosion of colour. The stamp is lovely and I like how you've left lots of white space as it frames your artwork beautifully. I can just imaging you counting the sleeps until you break up :) Wishing you a happy and colourful week ahead. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards, love the CAS design and the bold black stamps onto those beautiful backgrounds :)
Hugs, Kaz xx

brenda said...

So stylish and so pretty at the same time Sally. Really pleased to read your explanation of Pixi Powders as I have seem so many mentions of them peoples blogs but nowhere have I seen what they really are - I actually thought they were probably embossing powders !

B x

Wies said...

Beautiful cards. Love the silhouette of the stamped flowers and the colourful backgrounds.

Joan said...

Love these Sally, one of my favourite stamps and super backgrounds. I didn't think I needed Pixie powders as I have so many brushos but you have me tempted now

Joan

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I LOVE the sheen and the dash of brightness to those colours, your gorgeous cards show them off beautifully.
Faith
x