Tuesday 8 August 2017

Harbour Villages

Good Evening! As it is the summer holidays I've taken inspiration from some of the many places we have visited over the years and created some scenes. For both of my cards I have used the Hobby Art set 'Harbour Villages'. The first also includes the Seashells set too. In each case the stamps were stamped onto watercolour paper in versafine ink and coloured with Zig clean clean color markers and Distress markers, with a waterbrush. Both backgrounds are made with an Inkylicious stamp and ink dusters. A few spots of  brass liquid pearls finished them off.
One of my friends says they remind her of the North Yorkshire coast, the top one Staithes and the bottom one Whitby. Do they remind you of anywhere?
Here are a few photos of picturesque village scenes from our holiday in Pembrokeshire.



There will be more to come soon!

6 comments:

brenda said...

Very atmospheric and tranquil scenes Sally, lovely photos as well, a few years since we went to Pembrokeshire.

B x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

For me Sally they could be anywhere along the Cornish and Devon coast. My Dad loved Devon so we spent many summer holidays there a children, then my Father-in-law is Cornish and lived there for many years of my marriage, so when our children were younger we spent our holidays there. These two scenes are fantastic. I love the photos too.

Sue xx

Unknown said...

Like Sue as soon as I saw your card it reminded me of childhood holidays in Devon. My dad loved Devon and Cornwall as he loved the fishing ! so we used to go every year as kids, sadly neither of my parents are still with us so it was a lovely reminder :) I love the delicate way you have coloured the scenes ,
Hugs Kaz xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Two lovely cards Sally and both perfect for Summer. I especially like the first one as I really like the shell border. I must get myself that background stamp as it looks fabulous every time you use it. That's another one for my wish list. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

cuilliesocks said...

Oh what marvellous cards Sally, beautifully designed scenes and brilliantly coloured, love the shells making a frame, love them both Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

BEAUTIFUL cards, love the scenery.
Is that Solva Harbour? a Beautiful place.
Faith
x